The Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Process is the research-based gold standard of creativity methods. In CPS for Educators, you will learn the Four CPS Stages — Clarify, Ideate, Develop, and Implement — and how to use the tools and techniques of CPS to enhance lessons and the classroom environment. CPS also supports 21st Century Learning objectives:
- Value inquiry and curiosity and provide tools to develop these intuitive inclinations.
- Embrace creativity, risk-taking, and imagination.
- Couple creative thinking with critical analysis to unlock possibilities and name solutions.
- Collaborate as part of a group and communicate complex ideas.
CPS helps both teachers and students become nimble, fluent, innovative thinkers and eager and effective collaborators.
Key Questions Covered:
- How can I support creativity in my classroom and still meet other learning objectives?
- How do divergent and convergent thinking promote creativity in the classroom?
- What is the “creative mindset,” and how do I cultivate it in myself and my students?
- How can understanding problem-solving preferences help me with classroom management?
Cost: $225 Non-Members/$180 Elevate Members
This workshop meets for two hours: Thursday, July 29th, 1-3pm EST