Join Dr. Karl Haden, co-author of The 9 Virtues of Exceptional Leaders and 31 Days with the Virtues and Ross Peters, Vice President of School Strategy, EXPLO Elevate, for a discussion of character-based educational leadership in the midst of Covid-19, the national reckoning with systemic racism, and the increasing bi-furcation of our national culture on numerous fronts. The webinar will explore how leaders can develop the habits (virtues) necessary to create workplaces where people contribute and thrive in both good times and bad. People in any leadership role in education should consider joining us, as should those who aspire to such roles.
- Three, hour-long interactive meetings will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT on the first, second, and third Tuesdays in October.
- In addition there will be two, hour-long office sessions during which we will operate more fully in a discussion/case study format.
- We will record the meetings and make them available to registrants.
- Every registrant will receive a copy of 31 Days with the Virtues–an 84-page volume filled with reflections on individual virtues. Each day’s reflection ends with a suggestion for practicing the relevant virtue. The virtues of exceptional leaders are habits; and like the habits of a virtuoso, they result from deliberate practice.
- Prework: Watch “Reawakening Humility: Centering Crisis Leadership in this Virtue” (we will ask participants to watch this webinar Karl and Ross originally conducted on August 14).
- Meeting 1: Exciting Others about the Future [Hope] October 6, 2020
- Meeting 2: Putting Failure into Perspective [Perseverance] October 13, 2020
- Meeting 3: Authentic Leadership [Charity] October 20, 2020